Monday 14 May 2012

How to rock Bohemian Chic


Last week, I invited readers to send me their requests. The next day, The Kikster wrote on PartyMixTape’s facebook page: “I have a challenge that might take you out of your glam-comfort zone: put together three bohemian-chic outfits, that are age-appropriate for the thirty-something bracket.” Here are not three but four (I got carried away) bohemian-chic outfits that merge both our personal styles. (P.S. She’d probably die rather than wear the deer ring in Look 2… that’s all me!)  


Look 1 Casual-Sunday-brunch-bohemian: Gucci Printed silk crepe de chine blouse / Illesteva Frieda round-frame steel sunglasses from Net-A-Porter / J Brand Nina Cargo Short / House of Harlow 1960 Tribal Ring with Coral Cabochon / Aldo sandals



Look 2 Casual-bohemian: Helmut Lang Looped Silk Top / House of Harlow 1960 Tasseled Chevron Earrings with Black Leather / Bangles Set from Macys / Embroidered spiral bag from Debenhams / BALMAIN Blue Vintage Jeans / Wildfox Couture Jewelry Deer Ring in Gold / Cobra Society Najet woven wool and leather loafers



Look 3 Date-night-bohemian: Stella McCartney Thigh-split jersey tank dress / Oscar de la Renta necklace / Silvian Heach Wedges Cliffer / Plaited Leather Shopper from Zara / House of Harlow 1960 Antiqued Arrow Ring in Rose Gold



Look 4 Friday-night-party-bohemian: Shakti Necklace from AllSaints / Haute Hippie Embellished Lace Gilet / Alexander McQueen Skull Chiffon Scarf in Black and Red / Bobi Jersey Maxi Skirt / House of Harlow 1960 Marley clutch in Red Snake / Alexander McQueen Enamel Skull Ring / House of Harlow 1960 14KT Gold Tassel Smoky Crescent Earrings / Christian Louboutin Summerissima python and leather sandals

6 comments:

  1. Love number 2 :D I don't normally do bohemian but I could totally wear that :)

    www.themoderncool.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I love them all!!! I think my favorites are #1 and #2, though I could totally wear all of them :) You're right about the ring, I would never be caught dead wearing that...although it could be a "clin d'oeil" to our near-death experience together three years ago...;) Thanks for taking me up on my challenge, now I need to go shopping asap!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about bohemian! Love that third look.

      xo
      http://www.ashnfashn.com

      Delete
  3. Great proposals!!!
    Love your blog!! so much!
    Like to follow each other? I already follow you by Bloglovin and GFC! follow back?
    we could stay in contact!

    kisses!
    self-dressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! Thanks for your comment! I'm now following you too! Thanks for introducing me to your blog!
      Cheers, Emily

      Delete
  4. Love these looks! Great job on putting them together. The 3rd is my fave.. love that maxi! Check out my Fab Friday Beauty Tip if you get some time today! Have a great weekend.

    xoxo,
    Rachael
    www.rachaelkhawkins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete