The summer season has officially begun and Montreal has been hit by an intense heat wave. As a non-owner of air conditioning, I can assert that it is hot. When I think “seasonal change,” I think "closet overhaul!" For many, this can be a daunting (and expensive) task. Relax: PartyMixTape has you covered. Simply add these seven fashionable staples and voilà, you’ll be ready for summer in no time!
MSGM floral print dress / Trina Turk necklace from Banana Republic / Karen Walker Eyewear Number One Sunglasses / Bailey Shorts in teal green / Dip Hem Maxi Skirt from topshop / Thakoon for NARS Nail Polish in Amchoor and Koliary / Oscar de la Renta Dakota brushed-leather wedge sandals
Your shopping list:
· A flowery dress. Believe me; you’ll thank me for this purchase. You’ll be whipping it out next time you’re invited to a pool party, wedding or baby shower. It’s versatile and oh so cute!
· A statement necklace. Be daring. Now’s not the time for black!
· Cat-eye sunglasses. Retro, fun and summery, cat-eye frames are the best fit for this season.
· Short pants. White, blue, patterned, follow your fancy! No ifs and buts, add some short pants to your weekend look.
· A maxi skirt or dress. It’s essential for the hot summer months. Who wants to wear clingy clothes when it’s this warm?
· Bright polish. Whether you are fashion-forward or conservative, nail polish is an easy way to add a daring pop of colour.
· Killer heels. They will help you make an impact from head to toe!