Thursday 21 June 2012

Summer Wardrobe Essentials


The summer season has officially begun and Montreal has been hit by an intense heat wave. As a non-owner of air conditioning, I can assert that it is hot. When I think “seasonal change,” I think "closet overhaul!" For many, this can be a daunting (and expensive) task. Relax: PartyMixTape has you covered. Simply add these seven fashionable staples and voilĂ , you’ll be ready for summer in no time!

MSGM floral print dress / Trina Turk necklace from Banana Republic / Karen Walker Eyewear Number One Sunglasses / Bailey Shorts in teal green / Dip Hem Maxi Skirt from topshop / Thakoon for NARS Nail Polish in Amchoor and Koliary / Oscar de la Renta Dakota brushed-leather wedge sandals


Your shopping list:

·       A flowery dress. Believe me; you’ll thank me for this purchase. You’ll be whipping it out next time you’re invited to a pool party, wedding or baby shower. It’s versatile and oh so cute!
·       A statement necklace. Be daring. Now’s not the time for black!
·       Cat-eye sunglasses. Retro, fun and summery, cat-eye frames are the best fit for this season.
·       Short pants. White, blue, patterned, follow your fancy! No ifs and buts, add some short pants to your weekend look.
·       A maxi skirt or dress. It’s essential for the hot summer months. Who wants to wear clingy clothes when it’s this warm?
·       Bright polish. Whether you are fashion-forward or conservative, nail polish is an easy way to add a daring pop of colour.
·       Killer heels. They will help you make an impact from head to toe!

4 comments:

  1. I've been coveting Nars Thakoon polishes. I think I'll make the jump! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the floral dress in this collage....it will surely take me places this summer!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wedges are awesome! So fun for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post, I enjoyed read this

    ReplyDelete