Thursday, 21 June 2012

Summer Wardrobe Essentials


The summer season has officially begun and Montreal has been hit by an intense heat wave. As a non-owner of air conditioning, I can assert that it is hot. When I think “seasonal change,” I think "closet overhaul!" For many, this can be a daunting (and expensive) task. Relax: PartyMixTape has you covered. Simply add these seven fashionable staples and voilĂ , you’ll be ready for summer in no time!

MSGM floral print dress / Trina Turk necklace from Banana Republic / Karen Walker Eyewear Number One Sunglasses / Bailey Shorts in teal green / Dip Hem Maxi Skirt from topshop / Thakoon for NARS Nail Polish in Amchoor and Koliary / Oscar de la Renta Dakota brushed-leather wedge sandals


Your shopping list:

·       A flowery dress. Believe me; you’ll thank me for this purchase. You’ll be whipping it out next time you’re invited to a pool party, wedding or baby shower. It’s versatile and oh so cute!
·       A statement necklace. Be daring. Now’s not the time for black!
·       Cat-eye sunglasses. Retro, fun and summery, cat-eye frames are the best fit for this season.
·       Short pants. White, blue, patterned, follow your fancy! No ifs and buts, add some short pants to your weekend look.
·       A maxi skirt or dress. It’s essential for the hot summer months. Who wants to wear clingy clothes when it’s this warm?
·       Bright polish. Whether you are fashion-forward or conservative, nail polish is an easy way to add a daring pop of colour.
·       Killer heels. They will help you make an impact from head to toe!

3 comments:

  1. I've been coveting Nars Thakoon polishes. I think I'll make the jump! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the floral dress in this collage....it will surely take me places this summer!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wedges are awesome! So fun for summer!

    ReplyDelete