Tuesday 17 July 2012

Smart Shoe Packing


I just hung up with my friend Isabelle... “I read your post about packing,” she said sounding a little bit worried. “I can’t tell you how important it is to wear sensible shoes.” As it turns out, Isabelle works in a hospital, and last night, a patient came in with a massive infection due to blisters. Ish. I don’t want that. Luckily, the comments you left on Shoe Issues have proven quite helpful. Marie L. wrote that quantity wasn’t as important as versatility and comfort. (Words of wisdom!) Style coach Monica de Liz added: “Going to Germany? The calendar is your best friend! I suggest you bring 3 shoes (wear 1 and pack the other 2).”


Image via

I combined all your comments, and here is the consensus:

1x   Comfortable pair of flats for taking the plane & walking around
1x   Semi-casual wedge or flat sandal to rock with either a dress or pants
1x   Dressy peep toe for romantic nights out with Hubby
1x   Room in my luggage to bring back new shoes from Germany!


P.S. Monica wrote a great piece on smart-packing. Check it out by clicking HERE. Also, don't forget to click HERE to read PartyMixTape's interview with her!  


5 comments:

  1. I'd say more power to this packing issues Emily...it can really be such a chore!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous picture Em! Are these fabulous pieces from your wardrobe woman? According to the book "Outliers - The Story of Success" from Malcolm Gladwell, it takes 10,000 hours to master anything. You are well on your way to develop a PHD on packing. Practice is everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God, I wish I had taken that picture! I think it's so cool. Thanks for making this post possible! E.

      Delete
  3. I agree with your list. And, as you are already on your way to the blisters, I'm glad our sensible friend Isabelle put you back on the right track! Now, another (more pressing) question: what shoes will you be wearing to your mega birthday party this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tips! totally agree :)

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete