Tuesday 25 September 2012

Should My Nails Match My Makeup?


Here’s a brand new question posted on PMT’s facebook page: "I just purchased new nail polish by Essie: Merino Cool. Now my question is... does my makeup need to be in similar tones?"

Well, my dear, I’m glad you asked. In short: no. There are no rules! I tend to paint my nails on Sunday afternoon (right smack in the middle of doing chores... “Oh, soooorry... No, I can’t help you fold the laundry... my nails are drying...”  Evil, I know). I chose my nail polish in function of my mood (...and trends). Your everyday makeup should also reflect your mood and improve your complexion. If the shades found in Merino Cool aren’t suitable for your skin tone, don’t force it! Your fingers are nowhere near your face, so you don’t need to worry about them clashing. However, if you feel more comfortable with the uniformity of matching makeup and nails, the easiest colours to pull off are orchid and red (both super hot trends this fall).  Here are two different options for you to rock your new nail polish:
 
 
 
To Match?
1. Kate Von D’s Shade Shifter Eyeshadow in On The Road / 2. Essie’s Merino Cool / 3. Rouge Shine Lipstick no. 43 by Sephora / 4. NARS Illuminator in Copacabana, a glistening pearl shade / 5. Revlon’s lip gloss in Lilac Pastelle
 
Or to Mix?
1. Kate Von D Tattoo Liner / 2. bareMinerals eye shadow duo The Phenomenon, combining Azure Iris and Golden Iris / 3. Creamy Lip Colour by Bobbi Brown in Pink Ballet / 4. MAC’s new Light Dirty Rose Beige / 5. Essie’s Merino Cool
 


6 comments:

  1. Love the suggestions! Thanks PMT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love mixing!

    http://cravingforbarneys.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matching would be lovely but not too necessary.....although I really love your suggestions!!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree they dont need to match! Great post!

    xo Rach
    rachiecakes-rachael.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes a match, sometimes I mix. Right now matched by accident!

    ReplyDelete